Monday, March 9, 2015

JOKES ABOUT SPRING AND PURGATORY AND I AM SHIVERING

You told me you have memories
 to keep you warm.
I have memories too, 
They too keep me warm.

Warmth is a miracle. 
Sparks catching fire, miracles,
Flames, miracles,
Smoke, a miracle.

It is grey and bleak outside,
Static.
We went outside for a cigarette,
And the artist said,
Look even the wind isn’t blwoing.
We said,
Look it is purgatory.

But I don’t have to believe in purgatory
When youc an say
Such things

So we joke
About spring

We joke about
How there will be
A freak warm day
And we will go to
Hungarian and
Eat a croissant outside
And try to time our arrival
With cheese puffs
Coming out of the oven
While shying away
From waitresses

I am warm with you
In your apartment
The miracle of warmth
Of warmth in a cold place
These moments replay
I watch
Indulge myself
In reliving them
By pen
To take the visceral
And for a moment
Make it tangible
So I can keep it
In my bag 

Or my pocket

No comments:

Post a Comment