Monday, March 9, 2015

1 month ago --

[written in the moments after finding out]
[after a vigil, sitting alone]


I am proud of myself in many ways, but at the same time I fear for myself. The killings make me fear for myself and for my family, be it blood or otherwise. 

I am waiting for Isa to come back. I wish she hadn’t gone to that place, I don’t think its worth it; her love is worth more than that. 

Taj knows everything. This is how I know she is my sister. That it is fair for me to consider her family. I let her see things about me, and I let myself be honest with myself around her. It is the only thing that Taj demands of me, is that I be honest. Her password is “I am enough 786!” and that is why I love her. Of course it is her password, of course she is good enough, and look, look how we have more than enough. 

[IT IS FUNDAMENTAL TO MY SURVIVAL AND LIBERATION THAT I BELIEVE IN MORE THAN ENOUGH.]


-- chapel hill night

No comments:

Post a Comment