Friday, May 16, 2014

al-hurriya: prayer for rain

don’t come to me with tasbeeh
chained around your neck
don’t speak to me in sermons
false clairvoyance

i have been owned

don’t come to me with negligence
wrapped in du’aas
tipped with poison

it’s been a long mile
since i’ve had rain in
my hair

you, who make supplication
soaked in blood of unclaimed
daughters

you, who accept gold over
a whore’s repentance

you you you
who shoot kill burn martyr
in the name of god
and
carve new gods
out of
men
       trading lush graves
       for the idolater’s throne

la ilaha illallah

i have been to
the devil’s mouth
and back

i have returned
i have become
                       i am

                                ready

and i will take no prisoners
in my compassion

so don’t come to me with prayer beads

No comments:

Post a Comment